Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Creativity II

I started out with 4 frames and a house full of crap. After examining the frames to determine what to do to which ones, I noticed something wrong with one of them, so I'm taking it back. (I'm my mothers child. It was 2 dollars. I do not care, I want a good frame.) OK.... So... Down to the 3 frames. One of them is being painted currently and needs several layers of white paint. The other 2 are finished. I don't know how I came up with the ideas for the 2 of them, but I sure did, and here they are...


The black frame is covered in vintage gold jewelry I found in a thrift store last summer. They were all pieces in a plastic bag for a few dollars! The colorful frame has feathers (from high school when we used them to imitate "kill the cardinals" haha), buttons, a necklace, and a pendant from a hair piece I never wear.

Sweeeeet :)

I wish I could do this as well forever. Too bad decorating frames is not a good profession... dang the luck.

Tonight has been a productive evening though. I'm very happy I stayed home on a Saturday night to do something useful. Not only did it save me money, it kinda made me money... I'm finding uses for the awesome things that just sit around my house! Now they are more than just stuff. They are creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment