Friday, July 23, 2010

Life

It's such a precious thing to behold. A human without anything hugely wrong when birthed is still a complete miracle. While inside a woman, and being made with all the different chromosomes, cells, and everything else that goes along with it, If you are even born, you are a miracle in itself. There are so many tiny little things that could go sooo wrong.
It's something we take for granted. We fret about the small things and we stress our selves to the point of no return.

Yesterday in my neighborhood, a teenage boy was playing Russian roulette with another friend and ended up shooting himself in the head. He is on machines currently at the hospital and he is unresponsive.
13.
years old.
He was friends with my brother and my cousin, and I can't even imagine losing my boys to something like that. His parents must be going through hell right now trying to make sense of the accident/bad judgement/un-supervision. This makes me afraid to become a parent, because after your children leave your arms there is only so much you can do to shelter them from harm.

I hope somehow DeeJay can pull through the accident and lead a somewhat normal life, but I just don't know if that is possible. May God be with the family of DeeJay Burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment