Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Show your pride




In light of the upcoming holiday...

I have decided to do a post on why I am happy I am an Oklahoman and an American.






Oklahoma


When I was in Las Vegas this past spring Break, one of the first questions you asked when you met someone new was "where are you from?". The person would say what state, and then ask me and I would say Oklahoma, and it would start a whirlwind of conversation. They would comment on my accent and ask if I was a Sooner fan, and ask about tornadoes... they knew more about MY state than most of us would ever guess anyone knew about our state. You hear the old "Do you still live in teepee's" question, and accents are normal, but if someone said to me I'm from Iowa, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, California... I really don't give a crap. Your state has to at least be as cool as mine to get noticed. You get every season here, you have lakes, desert area, plains, forests, mountains... everything. The people here are real. You work hard, play harder. Their is big city lights, and small town nights. I have everything I want right here in this state, and though I may leave and go on my adventures other places, I will always come back to my lovely Oklahoma.


I remember, when I went to school in Tonkawa, how excited I would get when I passed over Keystone Lake and started entering into Tulsa. It's a roll the windows down, and turn up the radio kind of moment when you start seeing the big buildings in downtown after you've been on the prairie for a few weeks. I could stop at QuikTrip and get my favorite kind of licorice, and grab a sweet tea, and head through the city. Tulsa is my home and I love it.


America

Plain and simple... You can get anything you have ever wanted, do anything you can imagine, Enjoy every kind of climate, every kind of landscape, and every type of anything in the world.


America has it all.


We aren't the land of the free, home of the brave for nothing.


Happy Birthday America.

I couldn't be any more happy that I am an American citizen... now maybe we can hurry up and get Obama out of there and fix our deficit.

No comments:

Post a Comment