Thursday, January 5, 2012

What now?


So I have admitted that I hate the extra weight I have added to my body, so the next step is...
what am I going to do about it?

FEAR NOT PEOPLE... I HAVE A FREAKING PLAN!

Today's post entails... The most obvious changes with my diet and eating habits. Working out will be a another post for another day.

I'm going to preface my plan by letting everyone know I am one of those weird people that absolutely loves healthy food and I love eating vegetables and I don't really like sweets that much so I do have a bit of an advantage over the average human being. I also thoroughly enjoy drinking water all the time, and would rather throw up than eat a piece of chocolate cake with frosting and candy shit on top.
Alright now that everyone knows I'm a weirdo... lets move on.

Step 1:
NO MORE FAST FOOD... unless I'm starving and can't get home.
So, I'm a college kid and I literally will leave my house at 7:15 am and not get home until after 10 pm some days because I have to go to school, work, and then go workout... so sometimes... fast food will be ok.

The day I decided to get started on my health kick I went to Barnes and Noble and picked up the book above. You would be completely astounded to see some of the stuff in this book. This is my new eating out bible. Just because something looks healthy and you think it should be healthy doesn't mean it is... AT ALL.
What I have learned...
If you are at a restaurant and torn between a few choices, if you have a smart phone, pull up the nutrition stats on the different items to help you choose which one will be best for you. ALSO... If you have the choice for sides... always pick vegetables. POTATOES DO NOT COUNT PEOPLE... Just by switching to vegetables you could save hundreds of calories. Don't forget noodles, rice, potatoes, and many other things are usually covered in butters, cheese, and oil. I love butter, cheese, and oil. Paula Dean might be my real mom. But I'm gonna pick vegtables because obviously my rear has had too much of the good stuff.

Another thing, beware of "magical" food words. Resturants alot of times try to make things sound healthier than they are. Terms like"guiltless" and "low-carb" doesn't mean it isn't packed with a crap ton of fat grams and calories.

Wraps... they are not healthier. Face it... We all want to believe they are... THEY ARE NOT HEALTHIER.

Chicken... just because it is chicken does NOT mean it is healthier. A salad covered in breaded deep fried chicken is delicious, but not healthy. Chicken sandwiches are NOT healthy either. Put a hitch in your giddy up and get the hell away from the damn fryer and breading.

Step 2:
Sound the alarm, do a raid, and get the crap out of your house.

I'm poor. I don't have the money to go do everything I want, and letting go of food is hard for me. Making myself get the unhealthy food out of my cabinets and fridge was not easy or fun. Bye sour cream, beer, cream cheese, and midnight ramen noodles... and everything else I love.

I went and spent 55$ at Reasor's for enough food to last me about 2 weeks, and I'm going to eat it all. Fruit, vegetables, healthy snacks, and no ice cream now fills my kitchen.

Step 3:
Just say no to certain things you know are bad. It sucks but do it. MAN UP.

I love Dr. Pepper.
I love alcohol.
I love really sweet tea.
I love alfredo sauce.
I love mashed potatoes.
I love chips.

Time to put a stop to those glorious things. I can sometimes, but until I am to my goal weight and size I am going to try and say no. It's going to freaking suck.

I'm switching to mildly sweet tea because it has antioxidants, and I unfortunately need caffeine sometimes (all the time).

Bye bye junk food.



Step 4:
Make an eating schedule. Try to stick to it. DON'T EAT LATE AT NIGHT... PERIOD!

Here's my current plan...
-Start my morning by drinking a glass of water before I do anything. Even if it is a small one, drinking a glass of water is never a bad way to start off your day.

-Eat something for breakfast. If I have to stop at McDonalds and get an Egg McMuffin, I'm going to eat SOMETHING for breakfast.

-I love nothing more than going to Taco Bell and getting a chicken burrito at 12:32 am. It's gotta stop. That's all there is. I need to drink water to fill myself up, and go to bed.

...... And that's my current eating plan. I'm gonna break it, I'm going to hate it, and I'm going to push the limits on most of it... but I'm going to loose some weight dangit. I'm tired of looking in the mirror and remembering what my abs used to look like. I want to see my ab friends sometime soon!

If anyone has any better suggestions let me know... also... I think I've already lost a pound :)


1 comment:

  1. I am going to try to eat healthy too but it's really hard living with Jerry/Peggy. He's the Fry King.

    ReplyDelete