Monday, October 3, 2011

Trevor

OK so I studied, passed the test, and I'm now moving on to my topic at hand...

The man-friend-boy-person... my long distance relationship...

Trevor


So if you have followed my blog for the past year and a half, you will know I have talked about my boyfriends on here before... About how great they are, about the break up, about our relationship, basically the whole story... But I guarantee you no one has heard a story like this one.

On November 9th 2009 I became friends with a guy on facebook I had never met named Trevor. I had heard the world about him from his two best friends that I was very close with at NOC. They were all friends growing up and since I was around them all the time in the dorms, I heard about Trevor pretty frequently. I still am trying to figure out why I friended him, but I did for some reason. It will make sense why in the end.

At the time I was going to Missouri Southern, 20 year old, super dooper single and having the time of my life at my new school. Trevor on the other hand was under much different circumstances. He is a soldier in the U.S Army, when we met online he was deployed in Baghdad, Iraq.

I don't know what clicked inside my head when I started talking to him but we both became very close, very fast. He was funny, definitely attractive and kept my attention for hours on end. A huge sense of concern grew out of our conversations, and I made an effort every day to talk to him and make sure he was safe. There were nights I would stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning to just see if he would come chat with me. When he wouldn't show up I would worry like crazy and message him to contact me so I knew he was OK. I started caring on a deeper level. My friends all knew about Trevor, he was a household name at my apartment. When he would sign on I would get so excited and giddy and it was like he was my online boyfriend.

OK so there's that term, online boyfriend... yes that makes me sound completely crazy, but I wasn't I promise! It wasn't like some weird eHarmony thing where you meet guys you wanna date/marry/hook-up with and all that crap... it was real. I knew he was a real person because I knew his friends, and also the fact new pictures were popping up every couple of weeks from his time in Iraq. Trevor was the real deal. He wasn't an old man in Milwaukee with no teeth being a predator.

Well as time went on, because time always goes on, Trevor was still gone and I was still a single party girl in college. During the time when Trevor and I were talking so much I had talked to a couple of guys but I never really bit the hook on a relationship. Something always kinda held me back , part of me now thinks it was Trevor. I did however eventually meet someone and I did get into a relationship. Trevor and I still talked off and on, but his work schedule changed so we weren't able to talk as much as we both would've wanted. With the arrival of spring Ibecame very busy with my new boyfriends baseball schedule, and prom season at my office... we both just kind of lost touch.

That boyfriend was Jean-Francois, the french guy. JF was one of those really great boyfriends at first... your worst nightmare by the end type things. He drained me of my ability to care and we all know where that went. One thing I do appreciate about our relationship though was my ability to maintain a long distance relationship. As awful as JF and I were to each other at certain points, I learned alot about relationships from that one.

The next boyfriend taught me everything I don't want in a relationship, all the way down to knowing the exact words and phrases that push me all the way over the edge. I have had times in my life where I have been raging mad about different things and from as far back as I can remember there are only 2 people who can push me over the edge... My father and Jeremy Armbrister. I had never thrown anything at another person in my life, until he came along. Most abusive relationship I have ever been in.

So here I am... July 9, 2011 (Two days after Jeremy and I broke up for good) sitting at home checking my facebook and a message pops up in my facebook inbox... and it's Trevor. We had chatted off and on for a year and a half, but this was the first time in a few months... and there he was... in all his glory... with "hi loser" sitting in my inbox. The second I saw the message I text him on my phone and we started talking about everything going on in our lives. We text all that day and all night and he even called me and we had the greatest drunk conversation ever.

Something clicked that day... we both were so happy to be talking and to be back in each others lives. The talking and the txting continued on and it got to the point of, OK are we going to do this or not? So I used some flight credits and flew to Seattle to meet him a month and 2 days after we started talking again. It was the most exciting, scary, wonderful day of my life.




  1. I am not a person who packs in advance... I was packed 3 days early.


  2. I rarely get nervous, I get adrenaline rushes and go... I was so nervous I couldn't breathe.


  3. I don't usually care what I look like... I couldn't sleep on the plane, it would mess up my perfectly curled hair.

When I got there... I was having such a had time breathing that when I called Trevor to find him he was actually concerned about if I was OK and just told me to breathe it would all be perfect. He was right. After he finally found me, I ran up to him and just threw my arms around him and stayed there for a long time. I was shaking, I was so scared, but he didn't care he just hugged me tighter. He was perfect. I'll never forget the way he looked standing there, what he was wearing, all of it.


.BEST.FEELING.EVER.


The rest is really history... we went to one of his friends houses for a cookout, we went to the beach, a Mariners game, visited Pikes Market Place, went all over downtown Seattle... had a blast. It was so much fun, but we could have sat and watched movies all weekend and I wouldn't have cared... just wanted to be right there with him, my boyfriend. The one I never thought would really become reality, but here it is real as ever.


I guess it just goes to say... dreams really can come true.



My dreams came true this time. I have been blessed with the best gift God or anyone could have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment